-
January 6th, 2007, 05:55 AM
#11
HB Forum Owner
Hmmm...that's very interesting.
The drawings I made have a total cabinet height of right at 51", which is identical to yours.
Now, the professional audio industry standard for seated ear height is 4' (48" = 121.9 cm) and has been for years. However, in keeping with changes in modern living environments, I selected 40" for the on-axis listening height to allow for differences in the types of seating used today.
Your on-axis height of 83 cm (32.7") is over 15" lower than industry standard, and, in many instances, I would think, is too low (but if it works for you - that's great!).
The center of the 604-8GH-II in the systems I laid out is 11" (27.9 cm) from the top of the cabinet, giving an on-axis height from the floor of 40" (101.6 cm), which is the height I chose for my arbitrary on-axis seated listening height.
I've no doubt yours sound great, though, so ENJOY!
-
January 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Unfortunately the furniture industry doesn't care about the on-axis problems which means that depending the chair/sofa, most of us will have a difference of a few cm/inch for a perfect on-axis setting. I understand that the professional audio industry had do fix a standard but for me it's more theory than practical. For example Dynaudio put their famous and well known, great sounding C1 (17.3 high - tweeter in the middle of cabinet, below the middle speaker)on 24.4' Loudspeaker stand which would completely wrong regarding the professional audio industry standard. Or even better there is German Loudspeakerbuilder (Dynavox - http://www.musicconnection.de) which uses the 604 (i guess it is from GP) in their Imperial Modell (over 20'000US$). The cabinet is only 44.9' high (?). I heard this great sounding speaker 2 years ago and thats why i felt in love with the 604.
I guess there are speakers you really have to care about exact on-axis positioning and there other ones which sounds great without going in the last detail. The koax 604 is definitely more easier to place.
But anyway...i am sure that your speakers will sound great to.
-
January 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM
#13
HB Forum Owner
One thing's for certain - since the cabinets from Bill or Iconic are built to order, one can request the speaker to be located wherever works best for them!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks